Setting up Automated CPD emails will allow you to send reminders to users that have a CPD scheme allocated to them.
The benefit of using this feature is that once the CPD email template is set up it will send reminder emails on your chosen date and time. It will continue to generate the emails according to your chosen CPD periods.
To set up an Automated CPD Email, follow these steps:
- Email Notifications
- Automated CPD emails
- You will then see any automated reminder emails that are already scheduled and you can create a new email by completing the Add automated email form.
- Name: This will be the name of the emails that will appear in the list of scheduled emails. Keep it simple and related to the CPD scheme it is linked to. (You can have different templates for different CPD schemes)
- Domain: Select the staff domain you wish to set up the schedule for.
- Start including CPD periods: Choose when you would like to start including the CPD scheme in the reminder email. The default will be that you start including CPD periods -360 days before the end date.
- Stop including CPD periods: Choose when you would like to start including the CPD scheme in the reminder email. The default will be On the end date.
- CPD Scheme: Here you can choose the CPD scheme for which this email will be used. (You can have different templates per scheme).
- CPD Status: Here you can choose whether to include where users whose CPD status is on Track (showing as green) or users whose CPD status is Behind (showing as red). Users would be considered on track if they are inline to meet their target at the time the email is sent. For example a user who has a target of 12 hours and has completed 7 hours by quarter 2 then they would be considered on track.
- Template: Here you can choose the CPD Template Email you would like to go out against this CPD period/scheme.
- Date: Here you can choose the date you would initially like the email to be sent.
- Time: Choose the time you want the email to be sent. Default is UK time – we would recommend sending early in the morning
- Repeat after: You can select the frequency here which is either: a certain amount of days or months. If you would like to send this email weekly select 7 Days.
- Once you are happy with the details click on the Add automated email button. You will then see the email listed in the schedule. You can select the Preview button to view the emails that are due to be sent next.
If you wish want to remove an email from the schedule tick the radio button next to the task(s) you wish to remove and click Delete Selected tasks
NB: To do this you will need access to the Management Console and Email Notifications. If you do not see this please contact your Customer Support Manager at email@example.com