You have the option to create Audience groups and use automatic assignments to dynamically assign content based on pre set user rules. If you have not set this up you will have to manually assign training when you add users to the portal.
If you would like to use Automatic Assignments, you can check out the following articles to learn more about how to set these up:
How to create an audience group
Assigning learning paths with automatic assignments
If you find a user who has not assigned training despite setting up automatic assignments. You may want to consider the following.
1. What audience groups do you have associated with your learning path? Your user will need to be part of the audience groups and added via automatic assignments
2. Do I need to update my rules? You may need to update the rules for an audience group to ensure the correct users are included. For example your whistleblowing learning path uses the Staff - England audience group. The rules include users with the Location: London but a new location opens up in Manchester. You will need to add a rule that will include all users with the Location : Manchester to your Staff - UK audience group to the assign the whistleblowing learning path to users with that location in their profile.
3. Is my user excluded? You may need to check your user is part of any exclusion rules on your audience group.
4. Converse to the above it may be that the user data is incorrect. This could be because a value has not been updated; Think of a user moving from the Belfast to London office, if their location attribute is not updated they will not be enrolled on the appropriate content for that location or perhaps a value has been misspelled - Lndon instead of London. Make sure your user data is up to date and correct.
4. Are your learning paths active? If you using automatic assignments on suspended learning paths the training will be assigned but will not be visible to the user or on reports unless they have been specifically filtered to show suspended training. If you are configuring automatic assignments for the first time please make sure you are doing so on active learning paths.