To add a new offline activity that can be added by a trainee or trainer, you will need to have access to the Management Console and the Offline Activities.
Go to the Management Console, select Offline Activities and then select Add Activity and start to build the offline activity template.
- Title– This will be what you trainers/trainees will see when they select the offline activity
- Domain– Select your chosen domain to save the activity to
- Category– Select the category where you would like to place your offline activity
- Status– You can add the activity as live or suspended
- Description- You can add a description of the activity
- CPD Type– define which activity type if using CPD tracker
- User defines activity title– Allows user to enter in their own activity title
- User defines activity description– Allows user to enter in their own description which can be seen in CPD export
- User defines activity duration– Allows user to pick the time spent from a drop down
- Expected time to complete/ Maximum time input allowed– if option 9 is tick you can set the expect duration, if ticked you can restrict the maximum time users can enter for this activity
- Who can create the training record–options so only trainee or Trainer can create a record. Or both Trainee or Trainer can create a record
- Approval required– If set to yes then approval will be required by the trainer when the trainee assigns an activity to themselves and if a trainer adds the activity the trainee will need to approve before the activity is added to their training records.
- Completion date- You can restrict the date range that a trainee/trainer can select when adding activity, for example it can default to the same date as the record is created or X 1 weeks before record creation date up to one year (you will be unable to add a completion date of more than one year ago)
- Completion Tracking mode– Mode can be set so Completed/Not attempted can be selected or Passed/Failed/Not Attempted and recorded in training records
- Score Tracking Required– Requires a score which can only be added by the Trainer -if activity can only be created by the trainee, then this option will not show.
- Show completion certificate- Adding a completed or passed activity issues user a certificate. This option must be ticked for the activity to be added to the CPD Tracker
You can now in questions for either the trainee (end user) or trainer (line manager or domain manager). Select +Add question and choose the question type from Checklist or Text input, File upload or Multiple-choice question
Checklist If you have selected Check list you will be prompted to add a question but also items that they user will check off to complete.
Text Input If you have selected text, you will be prompted to add a question and the user will see a box for free text input
File upload If you have selected file upload you will be prompted to add a question, the user will then be presented with the question and the opportunity to choose and upload a file form their device
Multiple choice If you have selected multiple choice, you will be prompted to add a question and you can add 3 different item types of a combination of any of the 3 – Item, text input or file upload. The user will then be presented with the question and the opportunity to choose on of choice item types.
Trainer questions can also be added in the same formats if you require the trainer to answer similar questions or need them to add additional information.
Various question and item types can be used together on the same offline activity.