Learning Paths are containers for one or more activities (including SCORM/AICC content developed outside Skillcast) that can be assigned to users directly and/or via Audience groups and have a deadline date attached.
You may want to add text instructions or images such as a diagram of flow chart into your learning path, these will not be trackable activities but can add value and impart important information to your users. To add an text and images to a learning path follow the below steps.
To add a section to a learning path follow the below steps.
- Click on Management Console at the top of your homepage and Click on Content Management from the right-hand-side menu called ‘Management Console’.
- You can then use the search form to search for an existing learning path using a keyword or you choose a domain and hit search to find all learning paths in that domain. Click on the learning path code you are looking for a OR Add a new Learning Path
- Click on 'edit content' under current activities you can use the drop down to the right of the page to select the option Content: Text and click the +Add button. If you have activities already inside your learning path then you will see multiple drop downs. Select the one where you want the text to appear.
- The next screen will allow you choose a position for your video if there are already multiple activities in your learning path. A Rich Text Editor for your Content will be available for you type or paste your text into. You will have options to to format your text and you can use this element to add formatted graphics, tables and hyperlinks.
- To add an image alongside your text click . A pop up will appear, go the upload tab and choose the image you would like to upload and click send to server. Once successfully uploaded you can use the image info tab to adjust image properties such as height, width ect. Once happy click OK
- Click the Add button and the your changes will be saved and you will be taken your back the edit content view.
You can then more activities into learning path check out these articles to learn more about adding different types of activities to your learning path.