On the Skillcast portal, you are able to bulk upload activity training records. This makes it easy for you to import or migrate records onto the portal and have them all in one place.
For example, you may want to upload training records for an activity that has happened offline. Before you upload your records you will have to ensure there is a learning path containing an activity to upload the records against and that the activity should be linked to a category.
- Click on Management Console at the top of your homepage and Click on Content Management from the right-hand-side menu called ‘Management Console’.
- Add a new Learning Path
- Click on 'edit content' Click on 'e-learning' under the Add a new activity heading. This will add an empty activity against which you can upload your records. Enter an activity name and a description (optional). Choose a Content Category from the options available in the drop-down and click Add.
Once your activity exists you can begin uploading your records.
- Click n Management Console at the top of your homepage and Click on Content Management from the right-hand-side menu called ‘Management Console’.
- You can then use the search form to search for an existing learning path using a keyword or you choose a domain and hit search to find all learning paths in that domain. Click on the learning path code you are looking for.
- Click on 'edit content' and click edit next to the activity, make sure a content category is selected from the drop-down, and click update.
Once you have done this you can now upload your records.
- Click on Management Console at the top of your homepage and click on User Management from the right-hand-side menu called ‘Management Console’.
- Click on Upload training records
- The search form will allow you to choose a content category or type in keywords and click search for results.
- From your search results click on the title of the activity you want to upload your records against.
- You will then choose which user domain you want to upload the records for, if you have multiple user domains you will need to do multiple uploads
- Once you have chosen a user domain you will see a drop-down to change the Unique Identifier you will use to match your records to your users, you will only see multiple options here if you are storing various forms of Unique Identifier (Email, EmpID). You will also be able to download a template excel to put your records into. This is important as your records will need to be in this format when you upload.
- On the downloaded template, you will have 6 columns where you can put data in. The minimum you will need to complete is your chosen Unique identifier, Lastname, Startdate and Status.
You can have the following values as Status:
Here is an example of a completed template:
- Once all the information is in the template save it to your device and choose a file and click Upload Training records
- The page will then show how many training records are successfully uploaded and if there are any invalid records. you will be able to download an excel of the invalid records and see the reason the records could not be uploaded.
- If you want to add a comment or upload an evidence file for the completed records you can do this here, when you are happy click Create training records to complete the upload.