To access click Management Console and select Audience Management on the right hand side menu. If you have access to existing Audience groups you will be able to see a list of these, how many live users are part of that audience group and its Type.
To create a new Audience Group, enter the name and select the appropriate domain from the dropdown and click add audience group. The page will refresh automatically and your new audience group will be added to the list of existing audience groups . Click on the title of your new audience group to edit .
Leave the audience type as Static if you want to manually assign this audience group. To learn how to assign an audience group check out this article.
You can change the audience type to dynamic if the audience will be rule based (will be assigned automatically based on rules you created) – click update.
Select users on the right hand menu and you then have the following options to begin building your rules:
- Rule type – default is include, you also can select exclude or include (override exclude). You can use different types in the same group to create the right audience.
- Domains - Double click a user domain to add or remove it from the selected items. If you have access to multiple domains you can hold CTRL or Shift on your keyboard and either double click or click the add to select items. Your selected domain(s) will make the base of your rule. If you want to just assign to everyone in that domain(s) you can skip to 6. If you want to filter your rule further go to 3.
- user attribute.. Click on the first user attribute.. drop down to select an attribute use for your rule, then click on view all… to see the output/values associated with that attribute and the users in your selected domain(s). Select accordingly (hold Ctrl or Shift on your keyboard to make multiple selections) and click add selected values to filter.
If you wish to use a further attribute in your rule. Select the second user attribute.. dropdown those in a certain attribute, A third attribute can also be added.
- Hire date - you can further filter your rule by hire date. You can choose a range between two dates or a a date before or after. This will include or exclude users based on your selection.
- Click on add rule to create that rule. You can then continue to add further include or exclude rules to build your audience group
Your Existing rule set will show all current rules split into include or exclude. To remove a rule tick the box next to the rule(s) you wish to remove and click Remove selected rules.
The Current audience will show the total number of users who has been included in your audience group within the domains you have access to. You can download a summary of the users by Clicking download user details. You can click on additional user attributes to include in the download should you wish.