On the Skillcast portal, you are able to bulk upload event training records. This makes it easy for you to import or migrate records onto the portal and have them all in one place.
For example, you may want to upload training records for a Manager training event of all those enrolled, registered and attended.
Before you upload your records you will have to ensure there is a learning path with an activity in which to upload the records. You also need to ensure that the activity is mapped to a category.
- Click on Management Console at the top of your homepage and Click on Content Management from the right-hand-side menu called ‘Management Console’.
- Add a new Learning Path
- Click on 'edit content' Click on 'Event' under the Add a new activity heading. This will add an Event against which you can upload your records. Enter an event name and a description (optional). Choose a Content Category from the options available in the drop-down and click Add.
Once your activity exists you can begin uploading your records.
- Click on Management Console at the top of your homepage and click on User Management from the right-hand-side menu called ‘Management Console’.
- Click on Upload training records
- The search form will allow you to choose a content category or type in keywords and click search for results.
- From your search results click on the title of the event you want to upload your records against.
- You will then choose which user domain you want to upload the records for, if you have multiple user domains you will need to do multiple uploads
- Once you have chosen a user domain you will see a drop-down to change the Unique Identifier you will use to match your records to your users, you will only see multiple options here if you are storing various forms of Unique Identifier (Email, EmpID). You will also be able to download a template excel to put your records into. This is important as your records will need to be in this format when you upload.
- On the downloaded template, you will have 6 columns where you can put data in. The minimum you will need to complete is your chosen Unique identifier, Lastname, Startdate and Status.
Here is an example of some test data:
You can have the following values as Status:
- Once all the information is in the template save it to your device and choose the file and click Upload Training records
- The page will then show how many training records are successfully uploaded and if there are any invalid records. you will be able to download an excel of the invalid records and see the reason the records could not be uploaded.
- If you want to add a comment or upload an evidence file for the completed records you can do this here, when you are happy click Create training records to complete the upload.