This guide will walk you through how to fill out excel User upload template and upload it to the portal to update your user data in bulk. This will involve Adding new users but you can also Update, Archive and reactivate user accounts the same way. First you will want to download a template that contains your current users.
Click onto‘Download template' This will download an excel file to your device containing al the infoamtion of the current live users in the domain you have chosen.
Uploading the staff data on your portal
- Management Console tab > User Management
- Upload Multiple Users
- Domain > Select the correct Staff Domain
- Click onto‘Download template' This will download an excel file to your device containing al the infoamtion of the current live users in the domain you have chosen. This is the easiest way to upload your data and ensure you do not experience errors.
You can then fill in or update the downloaded template with the employee details required (firstname, lastname and email are mandatory by default). For example if user has changed line managers or departments you would update the value in the appropriate cell. If you would like to remove current user delete the appropriate row.
Note: ensure there are no spaces at the beginning or end of the cells (to avoid duplicate accounts)
Save the file in the “Excel 97 -2003” format (.xls)
You can upload an excel with data that is not in a template, but you will have more matching to do in step 7.
- Click onto 'Choose File' and locate the file you have saved that you would like to upload
- Click on > Continue
- The system will try and match column headers in the spreadsheet to attributes in the portal. If you have download the template and have not changed or added a column header you should skip straight to step 8.
However have not downloaded the template or you have added a new column to populate a new attribute or you want to use the email column to populate an email AND empID attribute you will need match the data feed column with the respective attribute on the LMS using the options from your spreadsheet. You will see a table that will look like the below, use the dropdown to select an option:
You will only see attributes that cannot be exactly matched to what is on the excel, if you are using the template and have not added any additional columns you will not see anything to match.
If you do not want to update a particular field then set this as 'Not in data feed'. This is only enabled for the attributes which are optional and cannot be applied on required attributes or your uniqueid. You will be unable to continue if you have not matched all required attributes, a message will pop up to tell you what ones have been missed
Leave ‘Update usernames for existing users’ ticked.
- Click on Continue to go to the preview page
- A button will appear Open Preview, to continue you must click in this to download a copy to your deviceith 4 tabs showing Update existing users, Reactivate users, Add new users and Archive Users. You will then see a summary of the changes due to be made.
We recommend always clicking 'Open Preview' before processing the data to confirm the updates that your user data is about to incur. If you need to make further changes you will need to do in your original file, save and upload again from the start.
In the summary of changes tick the box next to the updates you want to make.
Note: If a user is already on the system and there are no updates to be made, then they will not be listed in your preview only changes will be shown.
- Click on Process changes. Once successfully processed your will see a message to confirm.
The portal is now updated with the latest user staff data uploaded for your chosen domain
If you are using Automatic Assignments then you may have invitation emails to send for new starters or for new assignments, you can then click on Preview emails to review the emails waiting to be sent.
Once you have previewed the emails, click on Send emails. If you choose not send emails straight away you can find them again via Email communications are of the portal. Please check out this article for more details on how to Send Invitation emails