This article will walk you through configuring your Skillcast application to allow automated user provisioning via an external connection with Workday HR. See the below sections:
Before you start
Speak to your CSM and RM about your options and the costs around user provisioning. You can also discuss details, such as what domains you want to use auto-provisioning on and what attributes or dates you need to capture.
If your Customer Success Manager (CSM) will manage the Skillcast set-up part of the integration, please provide all the necessary details and fields from your custom report in Workday to your CSM.
Preparing to send data from WorkDay to Skillcast
- Prepare a custom report in WorkDay and enable it as a webservice, and copy the WSDL URL generated. The report should have all the data you want to send to Skillcast for live users, including a unique ID.
- Next, when you prepare the "Integration System User", copy the username, domain and password for the ISU.
Consult WorkDay help/support if you have any difficulty in completing the above steps, you will need this information to configure your connection in Skillcast.
Adding WorkDay connection to Skillcast
First, you will need to use the WorkDay details to add a new External connection
- Go to Management console > Configuration >External connections
- Enusre connection type is 'Add new connection', and from the Type drop-down, choose 'WorkDay'
- This will reveal fields to be completed using WorkDay's details, which will be the WSDL URL generated from the custom report and the Username, Password and domain from the ISU. The ISU generated should be something like ISU_Skillcast@yourdomain
- Name: Give your connection a name
- Domain: Choose the user domain you will provision users into
- Features: Tick 'User Provisioning'
- Provisioning WSDL: Copy in the WSDL URL from the details of your custom report in WorkDay
- Provisioning Action: Webservice action to be found in the details of your custom report in WorkDay
-Username: Enter the Username for the ISU created in WorkDay without any details after the @
- Password: Enter in the Password for the ISU created in WorkDay
- Domain: Enter the domain name, which is the text after the @ in the user name
- Provisioning Namespace: Webservice Namespace to be found in the details of your custom report in WorkDay
- Response Namespace: By default, is wd, unless your organisation has customised this
-API version: Skillcast supports version v37.1, as this was current at the time of integration.
If you want to enable a training records feed, you will need to visit this article
Mapping fields on custom reports to attributes
Before setting up and testing the provisioning for the first time, you will need to make sure that all columns on your custom report in WorkDay have a matching attribute on the Skillcast application. Please make sure that you add the column names to the attribute as the data feed name. This step will ensure when provisioning users, the integration will know which attributes should be populated from which Column.
Set up user provisioning on the domain and test.
Once the user attributes have been mapped, you can add the connection to the domain you need to provision users into. It is recommended that you can test and preview changes before processing or scheduling the feed to run.
You can take a look at this article to learn how to test and schedule the feed, including an explanation of what config options you have
Limitations and Considerations
1. Please make sure that if you are testing or setting up this integration, you make sure you are included in the provisioning or have a test account set up in another domain. Failing to do so will disable your access by archiving your account.
2. You must enable user provisioning to return training records to WorkDay. Check out this article on how to enable the option for training records. How to send training records from Skillcast to WorkDay