The ACE editor is an embeddable code editor used across our system to handle code inputs.
ACE Editor on the module's Properties page is for the CSS that applies changes to the entire module.
Above the ACE editor, users can find several buttons:
- Theme – users can select the colour theme they prefer. The browser will remember this choice, and all ACE Editors will appear the same.
- Full screen – selecting this button will enlarge the ACE Editor to full screen. It can be closed by selecting the button again.
- Word wrap – when turned on, the script that reaches the end of the ACE Editor's window on the right will break to a new line to keep the script within the margins.
- Live autocomplete detects and predicts what the user tries to type, suggesting different functions and variables.
- Search – here user can search or search and replace.
The ACE Editor on the Properties page has two additional buttons that show a summary of warnings and errors in the code if there are any.
The warnings list shows issues that prevent the module from working optimally. Some won't break the module navigation but may impact reporting aspects such as scores or module completion status. So, the user should investigate the warnings and decide if they should be resolved.
Errors are preventing the module from working. These must be fixed to ensure the script is working properly.